Ralph gives up gardening after a daffodil feast

The Thyer family arrived home from a day out to find their 4 month old Labrador, Ralph looking very guilty. Ralph had potting mix around his lips and several Daffodil bulbs from a pot had been chewed. Ralph then vomited which caused his mum to be very worried. Mrs Thyer took Ralph to us and Dr Belinda examined him. Ralph was induced to vomit and fortunately he only vomited potting mix.

Ralph was sent home in the care of his loving family who were advised to observe Ralph for any further signs of Daffodil ingestion such as shaking, seizures, diarrhoea and vomiting. Thankfully Ralph recovered fully and has given up his daytime gardening job!!

Plants such as Cyclamen, Daffodils, Hyacinths, Azaleas and Rhododendron can be poisonous to your pets. Gastrointestinal upset is one of the signs of poisonous plant ingestion. Please contact your local veterinarian if you are concerned your pet may have ingested poisonous plants. More information is available at www.anbg.gov.au or www.pedigree.com.au/puppies

Share